What do you think of writing in general?

Monday, November 12, 2007

Better Days [Life is hard...writing...girls...getting waves..]

Okay, so I've pretty much blown off the concept of NaNoWriMo [finishing 50,000 words before Dec.], although I do use it as a small motivation when I'm in one of those 'I'm finally at the computer, but now the words aren't flowing' moods. So now that I've done some serious thinking, I do believe that this is the final idea/outline for the first 'storyline' that I'm dealing with.

Better Days


I. Good.

- Plot [Simplified] -

Lemon [main character] awakes to a rather loud & obnoxious commotion going on in his home on a Saturday morning. However, there is almost always something negative going on in his house at any given time frame. Nothing new really, except this particular Saturday morning, on July the 23rd, Lemon decides to hit town with his older 'brother' and learns all about 'pumpin the brakes, and drivin slow'.

II. Crash.

We open at a scene of a devastating crash on the Davison Fwy. It appears, from the detective's who are investigating point of view, that a drunk driver lost control and ran over the fence of a bridge and fell straight into oncoming traffic below it. But the reader luckily gets a chance to discover the real story, from beginning, to after the end. The twist is, the reader has already been introduced to the unlucky driver.

III. Statistic

Charles Altar & his rolling buddy Courtney Ad,are ganged affiliated, 1.8 students, and one of them live in a crack house. And to top it all off in Charles' words, "and we black".
Obviously, they've been dealt bad hands.
The two are sent to juvie prison Warwick for a crime neither committed [to the readers knowledge] and aren't warmly welcomed by staff nor cellmates.


IV. Climbing

Cleo Sullivan is a ever rising diva, singing her way to the top. But her rise to fame is suddenly interrupted by a dangerous & not to mention creepy fan. Along with the fact that she is battling a terrible addiction to drugs, and trying to take care of a child? Her climb to the top might be held to halt by a simple faux pas.


~~~~~~~~~~~~`

I really can't wait to start working on 'Good' because I really like the idea of it, and I have to give some props out though. Mainly to Kanye West [RP to his moms too], P. Wall, GLC, Toni Tone, and T.I. for that banger 'Drive Slow'. It's the main inspiration for that story, along with my 18 year old brother, Mike. It seems like this story will set the tone for all of the others, since each tale is dependent on the previous, and the next.

Sadly, it's getting hard to balance writing, my grades in a college prep school, and girls, and myself. My knee is getting better, after I fractured it earlier this fall. But I still can't play any sports til next year because of my doctor not giving my clearance, so I'll probably have a little extra time on my hands.

But if my grades don't improve, I see no girls, see no Mac for christmas, and see no outside world. I do suppose this is the trial and error of writing though, so til next time. Peace.

[Word life son.]

No comments: