What do you think of writing in general?

Monday, November 5, 2007

What is Catatonic Reading? [Language] [Pt. 1]



If you're familiar with any of Bruce Willis' work, or any of S. Jackson's earlier work, you're all to familiar with that scene. But I'm not here to discuss films with you. But rather to introduce you, the reader, to Catatonic Reading.

Catatonic

adj. Describes a condition of suspended animation in which something is so wedged or hung that it makes no response.

Now, is this not the goal of all aspiring writers & artists? Do we not every night before we settle to bed, dream and drool over the day where we create that highly prized portrait or that novel that is the definition of page turner?

Well the above video is from the 1994 film, Pulp Fiction which was highly praised and still is to this day. The film, in my own (very impressionable if I might add. I know; it's funny how I tip my own hat) opinion was gripping, funny, and a run away hit. It got you in one spot and you didn't want to move until the last credits were off the screen, in fear you might miss something important [like in Pirates 3; where they had a 'secret' scene].

That is my goal every day when I pick up the laptop, or the pen in some cases, to write. I realize that there are millions of unread literary works that go unread, and are never published that have the power to revolutionize the world. But that's where my second plan comes in. To begin my own powerhouse in the publishing world.

Let me be the first to say, I don't know squat about publishing, but I'm going to start reading up on it; which is the answer to everything. If you're reading this, and you know a lil something about the publishing world, let me know.

I suppose this concludes Part I, since I'm hungry, and I smell porkchops. But next time, I'll discuss my current work, a collection of short stories.
____________________________

P.S.-

This blog isn't just about my writing, I'll have other thoughts about other writers, my two cents on politics and many other things.

No comments: